The Roleplay Zone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Roleplay Zone

For the Roleplayer in everyone since 2009!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Review 2 - Joogle Brothers

Go down 
AuthorMessage
MisaTange
Yaranaika?
Yaranaika?
MisaTange

Review 2 - Joogle Brothers Empty
PostReview 2 - Joogle Brothers

Yes! My first request! Unfortunately, it’s something I’m not very good at… puzzle games. I prefer fighting games or shooting games, but it’s fine, especially since it’s from a Let’s Player/translator that I love, vgperson.

Now, Joogle Brothers is about two teardrop-shaped brothers, now destined to grab the four keys. Two of the four Keys are the Fire Key, used as an offense against enemies, and the Air Key, used to get places that Pilid (one of the brothers) couldn’t normally go. Finally, important artifacts are useful in a game! Yes, all of the keys do something good in the game.

The gameplay itself is pretty normal for a platformer, but you can character switch with these teleporter-like objects. The characters you can switch to are Pilid, used to jump over places Joogle can’t reach but has lower HP than Joogle, and Joogle, is very average but has more HP than Pilid. I still see this in many platformers though, so it’s not really original.

The music is from several different video games. However, they all fit with their stages. Wouldn’t say they’re catchy though.

There are different types of enemies, Blagons, (which move and doesn’t do much) spikes, (which doesn’t move but does more damage than a Blagon would do), Gunners, (moves a lot, hard to dodge bullets, but doesn’t do much damage, especially with Joogle) Flagons, (who is like a Blagon but immune to the Fire Key) Living Suns, (who are like Gunners, but explode into 8 bullets… which does the same damage as a Gunner bullet) and so many more. I fricking love the variety of enemies in this game.

However, bugs fill the game. Something like if you get a health upgrade while in spikes, you get repeatedly damaged even if the textbox is still up or randomly freezing.

There is a shop system in the game, just the majority of the items are suckish. Speed Shoes make you run faster, Super Wings can let you skip large portions of the game and the Fake Vision can let you figure out some puzzles… Great, but all of the items should have some use.

The level design itself is well-done and good.

However, the storyline is really clichéd.

Overall, pretty fun but has a lot of bugs and it’s rather clichéd. 6/10 from me.

Requests in the comments.

Last edited by MisaTange on Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Review 2 - Joogle Brothers :: Comments

JZilla
Re: Review 2 - Joogle Brothers
Post Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:21 pm by JZilla
Quit stealing my review thunder! =( jk

Good review. Like all the details.
MisaTange
Post Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:22 pm by MisaTange
Thanks!
Makkine
Post Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:16 pm by Makkine
You actually did it.
Shadow Kitten
Post Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:40 pm by Shadow Kitten
http://s3.amazonaws.com/apphost/MGB.html#user=wingedfire;project=project1;map=level%20story%201;viewmode=embed
THAT
Makkine
Post Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:04 pm by Makkine
YESSS THAT. Click on the blue arrow in the top left corner to start.

It's a game I made like a year ago, then completely forgot about.
MisaTange
Post Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:26 pm by MisaTange
All right. I'll do that one in the weekends after the school event.
2Xemnas2
Post Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:28 pm by 2Xemnas2
you should do the thingy that metalman has. After a few reviews I think it's gonna get real good. Awesomeness comes with Experience
MisaTange
Post Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:47 pm by MisaTange
Thingy? Explain. Do you mean Metalman's sticky? (And when I mean that, my review requests all in one topic, will be on the top no matter how long it gets unreplied) If so, I'll have to ask an admin/mod to do it.

Also, Rattie talked to me IRL and asked me to review Virtual Villagers TWO since she bought Virtual Villagers 2. (Buy the Lite version if you have an iPhone)
Post  by Sponsored content

Review 2 - Joogle Brothers

Page 1 of 1