The Roleplay Zone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Roleplay Zone

For the Roleplayer in everyone since 2009!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Roleplaying Rules

Go down 
AuthorMessage
awkwardlyAwesome
Site Founder
Site Founder
awkwardlyAwesome

The Roleplaying Rules Empty
PostSubject: The Roleplaying Rules   The Roleplaying Rules I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 11:39 pm

I know we all hate these, but they have to be enforced to make sure everyone is happy while roleplaying. I'll make this quick, I promise.

For Action/Adventure Roleplays:

You cannot be like a god!
No one likes a person that won't get hurt or wounded.So
if their is a fighting scene you are in, you can dodge and block, but also get wounded too, just to make it fair. Also, you can't have god-like powers such as thunder and lighting and laser beams unless the roleplay calls for it.

Thou shalt not kill!
You cannot kill a character of another person's character, or your own character for that matter. If it is a minor character (let's say that it were a group of troops from another person's side), it's okay. As long as it's not an actual character that someone made an application for, it's okay.

Don't play some one else's character!
Here's an example of this:
Person1: RPC throws a rock.
Person2: OC catches the rock and throws it back at RPC who also catches the rock.

You see? Person2 just took Person1's character and played as it. Don't do that!

Which weapons and pets can I have?
Use the weapons that are called for in the roleplay. If it's a Medieval Times RP, then you can have pet Dragons, Swords and stuff like that. If it's a Futuristic RP, you could have "pet" Cyborgs, Lasers, and stuff like that. If it's something like a war of eras, you can have weapons from all eras of time.

No auto-damaging!
What is auto-damaging, you ask? It's attacking someone and automatically having them get hurt. The only exception is if it's a Pokemon RP or something and the person uses an attack like Swift, which cannot be dodged. Then a person can be auto-damaged.

For Romance Roleplays:

No Graphic Sex!
This one should be pretty self-explanatory, but please no apparent sex! Even though this forum is PG-13, younger kids might be on here. If you want to have sex included in the roleplay, please make it a Private PM Roleplay.

LGBT Friendly!
If your character happens to be part of the rainbow spectrum that is absolutely fine! Do not hate on members with queer characters outside the roleplay.

For All Roleplays:

No forcing people to join!
Sometimes people might be too busy with other roleplays to join another one. Forcing someone to join will make then unhappy to keep up with one more roleplay, in which they have to create another application and such. Please, let's just all get along! Do you want to be in an arguement with someone just because they won't join your roleplay? No! So this is what this rule is for.

Keep it kid friendly!
Here's a good one. Remember to keep it PG-13. Some things might be a little too graphic for those that are sensitive with this stuff or too young to read it. If you have a rp with Yaoi/Yuri (See Yaoi/Yuri are okay! above.) you could put PG-13 on it. If you have to go past the PG-13 level, do a Private Roleplay with someone else that wants to go past it too. (See No Graphic Sex!)

When can I have Magic?
You can have magic if it fits the roleplay. If you're in a Medieval RP, it's likely that battle magic is allowed. If you're in a Magic School RP, magic's gotta be allowed too. The only thing is, you cannot make it automatically effect the person. (See auto-damaging in Battle RP section.)

Have fun!
What's playing without fun? This is pretty self explanatory so...

If you break the rules, you will get a warning. You get three warnings only. Fourth one, you will be suspended for 3 days. Fifth one, a whole week. If you continue to break the roleplaying rules, you will be banned from The Roleplay Zone permanently.

This is all we have for now. Keep looking out for some new rules!
~Rattie~

PS: If there's anything you think should be added, please tell me through a PM so I can put it in. Thank you! WORD: eslur
Back to top Go down
https://theroleplayzone.rpg-board.net

The Roleplaying Rules
Page 1 of 1