The Roleplay Zone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Roleplay Zone

For the Roleplayer in everyone since 2009!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Review 11:Give Into Me/Slipknot

Go down 

Did You Like This Review?
Yes
Review 11:Give Into Me/Slipknot Ajosx100%Review 11:Give Into Me/Slipknot Fh755
 100% [ 3 ]
No
Review 11:Give Into Me/Slipknot Ajosx0%Review 11:Give Into Me/Slipknot Fh755
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
JZilla
Master of Metal
Master of Metal
JZilla

Review 11:Give Into Me/Slipknot Empty
PostReview 11:Give Into Me/Slipknot

it's time! And I've got a special album review today....

But first, I'm going to review the song Give Into Me by MJ feat. Slash. This song is actually a song that didn't do well on the radio, despite the positive things said about it. Alright, this song has a steady guitar presence due to Slash, so there isn't much synth or samples floating around in the back. No hard hitting bass either, just a typical song formula here. I cant say anything bad about this song. It's really good. 9/10.

Now, Slipknot. Slipknot is a 10000 piece from somewhere in a deep hole in Iowa. Not really but in all seriousness there's like 9 guys in this band or something. Now IMO, this band's fanbase consists of people who dont really know what they want to listen to. And I'm not saying this because of any one person in particular: anybody i've met who likes this band falls in that category. To quote Coverkiller: "this is metal for people who don't know how to get into metal."

But, it's time for the album, Vol. 3 The Subliminal Verses. And let me use this to describe ut. This album is like a big steak. It looks good, everyone says it's good, everyones eating the steak at this place, so you order it. They bring it out, and you can't wait. You then take a bite, and it...is bland. No taste. You then question why this is said about the steak.

So what I'm trying to say is this album is praised by this band's fans and music sites in this realm of music so it appears like its gonna be good. You get the album, you listen to it, and you're disappointed because there's nothing to it. And then you wonder why everyone loves it, but you can't find out why.

Thats more an overview, here's the music breakdown. The guitars aren't really doing anything very impressive, there are riffs but they aren't very memorable. Bass is almost inaudible. Drums are basically one long kickpedal. Vocals suck. Badly. Corey Taylors' screams are very unimpressive, the clean vocals are ok, but aren't overly present.

I will say Duality is ok.

Pros:Duality is ok.

Cons:Take your pick.

I'm giving this a 3/10. Massively overrated album, hell, massively overrated band.

Leave requests in the requests thread. Until next time.
MM24

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheAutumnDescent
Share this post on: reddit

Review 11:Give Into Me/Slipknot :: Comments

2Xemnas2
Re: Review 11:Give Into Me/Slipknot
Post Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:32 pm by 2Xemnas2
LMFAO SLIPKNOT'S A STEAK OMG Happy
JZilla
Post Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:35 pm by JZilla
It made the point though. At least I hope so.
Xaria
Post Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:38 pm by Xaria
Shall request a ALBUM on the thread.
Shadow Kitten
Post Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:40 pm by Shadow Kitten
I know I shouldn't be requesting here, but do me a favor.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFIvXVMbII0
this.
Just, that. Critique that.
JZilla
Post Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:44 pm by JZilla
I must say that was very...unexpected. You want me to formally review that, or comment review that.
Shadow Kitten
Post Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:45 pm by Shadow Kitten
Metalman24 wrote:
I must say that was very...unexpected. You want me to formally review that, or comment review that.
Whatever you like. xD
JZilla
Post Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:50 pm by JZilla
I'll sum it up right now. But don't expect this very often guys.

That was really random for me, seeing as I don't know the elements off the top of my head. It was pretty cool I guess how the guy got all that in that song, so it has to count for something I guess. But I can't take this song seriously, nor is it meant to be on a listening level, so 7/10.
Kaiityy Anee
Post Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:40 pm by Kaiityy Anee
I've got another request for you. I bet this one might be hard though but here it is.

Insane Clown Posse's "Carnival of Carnage" album. To add to that, I'm requesting Broken Wings by Twiztid. (:
2Xemnas2
Post Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:46 pm by 2Xemnas2
I added it, Wow metal your review thingy is getting so popular
Kaiityy Anee
Post Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:47 pm by Kaiityy Anee
Ha-Ha. I'm not surprised its getting popular. His reviews are always accurate. ^.^
JZilla
Post Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:49 pm by JZilla
The clown posse? You're gonna make me suffer through that?

Yeah, my review is getting popular. Thanks to everybody who has read and/or commented!
Kaiityy Anee
Post Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:09 pm by Kaiityy Anee
haha. yep i am
2Xemnas2
Post Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:57 pm by 2Xemnas2
I remember those two, Violent J and Shaggy2Dope. I beat them down in backyard Wrestling Twisted Evil
Kaiityy Anee
Post Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:35 pm by Kaiityy Anee
Hahaha.
2Xemnas2
Post Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:44 pm by 2Xemnas2
I like through them through a table and hit 'em with a saw. It was a big bloody mess Twisted Evil
Kaiityy Anee
Post Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:30 am by Kaiityy Anee
LMFAO!! Okaii, it's official. You're like, my new best friend. xD
2Xemnas2
Post Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:28 pm by 2Xemnas2
OMG I Feel So Special OMG Happy
Post  by Sponsored content

Review 11:Give Into Me/Slipknot

Page 1 of 1