The Roleplay Zone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Roleplay Zone

For the Roleplayer in everyone since 2009!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Album Review-Five Finger Death Punch:American Capitalist

Go down 
AuthorMessage
JZilla
Master of Metal
Master of Metal
JZilla

Album Review-Five Finger Death Punch:American Capitalist Empty
PostAlbum Review-Five Finger Death Punch:American Capitalist

Hi guys

Alright so today there is no Georgia game on tv, so I figured I'd write a review. Today's review is for the album American Capitalist by Five Finger Death Punch.

Now I reviewed the single for this Under and Over It a few weeks ago, and wasn't really impressed. However I must admit that the track grew on me the more I heard it, and I actually like the song now a whole lot better than I did. But can the album live up to the song?

Now the first thing I noticed when I listened to this album is that this thing really has a nice groove to it. This is a real strength of the album, even though the riffs supplying the grove aren't all that special. And speaking of the riffs, they aren't really anything special. They are actually simpler than the ones on their last album War is the Answer. There are, however, some really nice solos on this album, and really show off the skills of Jason Hook on the guitar. The drums are pretty average, but they help keep the groove of the songs and do they their job fairly well. Now Death Punch has a new bassist on this album, and I really have to say I'm disappointed. Matt Snell was an excellent bassist, but new bassist Chris Kael is just painfully average on this album, and does virtually nothing to add to the music.

Now the last thing to talk about, the vocals. Ivan Moody is a great vocalist, but I actually don't like what Death Punch did with him on this record. There are significantly less screams on this album, and this is actually not a good thing as it takes off some of their edge. Also, the lyrics are as awful as ever. They basically try to sound as tough as possible. In fact, one song, The Pride, sounds as if it is about a pride of lions, and it makes for one of the worst songs on the album.

Pros:Good vocals
Some great grooves
Nice solos

Cons:Awful bass
Awful lyrics
Average riffing

So all in all, this is pretty much War is the Answer part 2. Its in the same style, and does the same things right and wrong. This album will please the masses, but it may just be the album that makes me lose interest in the band, as it seems like they will never release another album as good as Way of the Fist. I recommend this if you're into any hard rock but other than that, you may wanna pass this up. 5/10

That's it. See ya next time!

\m/
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheAutumnDescent
Share this post on: reddit

Album Review-Five Finger Death Punch:American Capitalist :: Comments

No Comment.

Album Review-Five Finger Death Punch:American Capitalist

Page 1 of 1

Similar topics

-
» Track Review-Under and Over It-Five Finger Death Punch
» Review 4: The Black Album
» Anthrax-Worship Music album review
» Metallica and Lou Reed-Lulu Album Review
» Killswitch Engage-Alive or Just Breathing album review

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Roleplay Zone :: BLOGS :: Music with Metalman-
Jump to:  
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 160 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:40 pm
Latest topics
» Break The World - marauders era rp
Album Review-Five Finger Death Punch:American Capitalist I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2021 7:26 pm by Xaria

» heyoooooooooooooo
Album Review-Five Finger Death Punch:American Capitalist I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2020 3:10 pm by Xaria

» dont mind me
Album Review-Five Finger Death Punch:American Capitalist I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 29, 2017 7:53 pm by Xaria

» hey guysssss
Album Review-Five Finger Death Punch:American Capitalist I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 28, 2017 5:20 pm by Xaria

» writing then and now
Album Review-Five Finger Death Punch:American Capitalist I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2016 7:29 pm by Xaria

» THE BOREDOM CHAT
Album Review-Five Finger Death Punch:American Capitalist I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 11:26 pm by Xaria

» umumumumumumum
Album Review-Five Finger Death Punch:American Capitalist I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 9:35 pm by Xaria

» like um we need to um
Album Review-Five Finger Death Punch:American Capitalist I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 9:19 pm by Xaria

» Gem Kingdoms REMAKE ((Apps))
Album Review-Five Finger Death Punch:American Capitalist I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 8:03 pm by Xaria

» Ever After High RP ((Apps))
Album Review-Five Finger Death Punch:American Capitalist I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 3:05 pm by Xaria

Top posters
awkwardlyAwesome (4624)
Album Review-Five Finger Death Punch:American Capitalist AjosxAlbum Review-Five Finger Death Punch:American Capitalist ZeeeWAlbum Review-Five Finger Death Punch:American Capitalist Fh755 
Xaria (4240)
Album Review-Five Finger Death Punch:American Capitalist AjosxAlbum Review-Five Finger Death Punch:American Capitalist ZeeeWAlbum Review-Five Finger Death Punch:American Capitalist Fh755 
2Xemnas2 (1973)
Kanon (1918)
Shadow Kitten (1711)
Neko_chan (1598)
MisaTange (1518)
xReiReix (937)
JZilla (694)
Caseroos (631)
Like us on Facebook!
Copyright Protected!
Protected by Copyscape Web Copyright Checker